Manned station on the Peterborough-Quorn Line up to November 1930 when all staff were withdrawn. It is the highest location on the line at 529m (1,735ft).
Station, passing and goods/stockyard loops with loco watering facilities. The goods shed also doubled as a refreshment room for the East-West Express which ran from 1917 to 1932.
Eurelia became the terminus of the line in March 1987 when the section between Eurelia and Quorn was closed. The rest of the line from Peterborough to Eurelia was closed to normal traffic in November 1988. The Steamtown Peterborough Railway Preservation Society ran excursion trains from Peterborough to Eurelia from 1977 until 2002.
Today the historically significant goods shed is still present along with the two water columns and water tank at the northern (Quorn) end of the yard. A section of track alongside the water columns has been preserved.