Distance from Peterborough: 71½ kms, 44½ miles
Manned station on the Peterborough-Quorn Line up to November 1930 when all staff were withdrawn.
Station, crossing and goods loops with a stockyard siding and loco servicing siding.
The township of Carrieton is 2 miles to the East of the station. The cottages built at both ends of the yard were to accommodate the line maintenance crews and their families.
Some of the station buildings on the line, such as here at Carrieton, were built in a far "grander style" than was needed as it was hoped that the line would attract many settlers and industries to the region. This hope was never fulfilled. Passenger services ceased in 1969 when the Port Pirie to Broken Hill line was converted to standard gauge (4ft8½in - 1435mm).
The line from Eurelia to Quorn was closed in 1987 and most of the track was removed in 2008.
The station building at Carrieton is now a private residence.