SAR Eurelia

From TrainzOnline
Jump to: navigation, search
Line740.png
Tab HM White.png Tab IN Grey.png Tab TM Grey.png Tab SW Grey.png Tab Blank Grey.png
Line740.png
Peterborough-Quorn
Halls Well
Location Index
Scenarios

Carrieton
Peterborough-Quorn

Eurelia map

 Commodities: 
Passengers
Passengers
Station Label.png
Goods
Goods
Goods Label.png
Livestock
Livestock
Stockyard Label.png
   
 Loco Services: 
Water
Water
Loop Label.png
   
 Facilities: 
Loop
Loop
Loop Label.png
     

Manned station on the  Peterborough-Quorn Line  up to November 1930 when all staff were withdrawn. It is the highest location on the line at 529m (1,735ft).

Station, passing and goods/stockyard loops with loco watering facilities. The goods shed also doubled as a refreshment room for the East-West Express which ran from 1917 to 1932.

Eurelia became the terminus of the line in March 1987 when the section between Eurelia and Quorn was closed. The rest of the line from Peterborough to Eurelia was closed to normal traffic in November 1988. The Steamtown Peterborough Railway Preservation Society ran excursion trains from Peterborough to Eurelia from 1977 until 2002. The line was fully closed in 2002 and most of the track was removed in 2008.

Today the historically significant goods shed is still present along with the two water columns and water tank at the northern (Quorn) end of the yard. A section of track alongside the water columns has been preserved.

Line740.png

Peterborough-Quorn

Peterborough-Quorn Strip Map
Personal tools