|Line 68:||Line 68:|
Revision as of 10:35, 24 October 2011
This page acts as reference manual for all Trainz content. It is intended to provide accurate and concise description of the capabilities and configuration of current-version content. For a new-user walk-through explaining how to create various types of content, see the HowToGuides page instead.
Structure of a Trainz Asset
Each item of Trainz content ("an asset") is distributed as a single folder, containing a config.txt file and some number of supporting files and/or folders. Files located in the content folder must obey the Filename character restrictions and should be directly relevant to the asset in question.
Each asset built for the Trainz environment follows a preset template, which defines what tags can be included in the config.txt file, what capabilities the asset will have, and how the user can manipulate the asset in-game. The following types of custom content are supported by Trainz:
- KIND Achievement-category - Achievement category descriptor.
- KIND Achievement-group - Achievement group descriptor.
- KIND Asset-group - Asset group descriptor.
- KIND Behavior - Session rules.
- KIND Bogey
- KIND Buildable - Basic scenery object with attached track.
- KIND Controlset - Defines a set of input controls
- KIND Drivercharacter
- KIND Drivercommand
- KIND Engine
- KIND Enginesound
- KIND Environment - Defines a set of skies.
- KIND Fixedtrack
- KIND Gameplaymenu - Main menu page.
- KIND Groundtexture - Textures for painting the ground.
- KIND Hornsound
- KIND HTML-asset
- KIND Industry - Scenery object with attached track and product processing functionality.
- KIND Interior
- KIND Library - Class Library#Configuration & Examples - Script Libraries.
- KIND Map - Routes.
- KIND Mesh
- KIND MOCrossing - Grade crossings.
- KIND MOJunction - Junction levers.
- KIND MOSignal - Railroad signals.
- KIND MOSpeedboard
- KIND Pantograph
- KIND Product
- KIND Product-category
- KIND Profile - Sessions.
- KIND Region - Defines the area of the world, as well as traffic style.
- KIND Scenery - A basic object.
- KIND Scenery-trackside - Object that attaches to track.
- KIND Servlet - TBD.
- KIND Steam-engine
- KIND Texture - A texture defined for use in other objects.
- KIND Texture-group - A group of textures defined for use with other objects.
- KIND Track - (including Bridges and Tunnels) and scenery splines are built using TS2009 Stitched track.
- KIND Tracksound
- KIND Traincar - Locomotives and Rolling Stock.
- KIND Turntable
- KIND Water2 - Water for rivers / seas.
- Category Class - For Category search.
- Category Region - For Region search
- Category Era - For Era Search
Content Configuration Feature Requests - ask here for new config.txt files features