A manned station on the Gladstone-Wilmington Line until 1983 when all the station staff on the line were withdrawn.
A station and goods loop. Grain loading facilities, storage sheds for bagged grain and grain sidings. A stockyard siding. Loco watering facilities and a turning WYE. An engine shed was present on the WYE until 1915.
The Gladstone-Wilmington Line is unsignalled. Train Order working is in operation on the line.
Booleroo Centre was the terminus of the line from 1910 to 1915 which explains the presence of the turning WYE. It was also the busiest station on the line with both terminating and through freight services.
There were no passenger services after 1969. The line was closed in 1990 and the track has since been removed. A variety of items, including a station nameboard, water column, goods crane and a switchstand, have been preserved as part of an interpretive display.