Distance from Gladstone: 50¾ kms, 31½ miles
A manned station on the Gladstone-Wilmington Line until 1983 when all the station staff on the line were withdrawn.
A station and goods loop, grain loading facility, storage sheds for bagged grain and grain sidings. A stockyard siding. Loco watering facilities and a turning WYE. An engine shed was present on the WYE until 1915.
The Gladstone-Wilmington Line is unsignalled. Train Order working is in operation on the line.
Booleroo Centre was the terminus of the line from 1910 to 1915 which explains the presence of the turning WYE. It was also the busiest station on the line with both terminating and through freight services.
Passenger services ended in 1969. The line was closed in 1990 and the track has since been removed.
Today the grain facilities are still present. A variety of items, including a station nameboard, water column, goods crane and a switchstand, have been preserved in the yard as part of an interpretive display.
The former right-of-way from just south of Laura to Wilmington is now an 80km walking, cycling and horse riding trail, the Southern Flinders Rail Trail.