A manned station on the Gladstone-Wilmington Line until 1983 when all the station staff on the line were withdrawn.
Station and goods loops, a stockyard siding and a turning WYE.
The Gladstone-Wilmington Line is unsignalled. Train Order working is in operation on the line.
Laura was the terminus of the line from 1884 to 1910 which explains the presence of a turning WYE and the "Grade 1" stone station building.
There were no rail passenger services after 1969 with passengers now served by an infrequent bus service. The goods and stockyard facilities at Laura were closed for all traffic at the end of 1984. The line was closed in 1990 and the track has since been removed. Now nothing remains of the railway or its structures at Laura. The former station and yard is how a woodland.