Unmanned station on the Peterborough-Quorn Line .
Station and passing loop. Prior to 1956 when the Quorn to Maree line closed, Minvalara was used by loaded Leigh Creek coal trains to prepare their fires for the long climb up to Peterborough.
Minvalara was no longer in use after 1970 and had been removed from the working timetable by 1982. The line from Peterborough to Eurelia was closed to normal traffic in 1988 and was fully closed in 2002. Most of the track was removed in 2008. At Minvalara part of the platform remains as the only indication that it was once a railway location.