Help:Menu Routes V2
The Trainz Routes menu lists all installed routes and sessions and provides the entry point into Surveyor and Driver. The lists can be searched using the search box, and sorted using the arrows above the relevant list columns.
On load, the routes menu will show a list of locally installed Trainz routes, with the last played route (if any) selected. The following actions are provided, depending on the selected asset.
- Create Route
- Opens Surveyor with a new blank route.
- Edit Route
- Loads the currently selected route into Surveyor for editing. Note that certain payware routes may not allow full editing.
- Delete Route
- Deletes the currently selected route and all of it's sessions. Not available for builtin or payware routes.
- View Sessions
- Switches to the Session List view (see below).
The sessions list view shows the installed sessions for a particular route. The following actions are provided, depending on the selected asset.
- Create Session
- Creates a new blank session for the currently selected route and loads it into Surveyor for editing.
- Edit Session
- Loads the currently selected session into Surveyor for editing. Note that certain payware sessions may not allow editing.
- Delete Session
- Deletes the currently selected session. Not available for builtin or payware sessions.
- Drive Session
- Loads the currently selected session into Driver.
In both route and session views the menu will show a preview thumbnail for the current selection. Locally created routes and sessions will generate a thumbnail automatically on first creation, but this can also be customised using the "Edit Route" dialog in Surveyor, or by manually editing the asset in Trainz Content.
Assets support multiple thumbnail images, and the exact image(s) displayed in the menu may vary based on the screen/window resolution. Locally modified content will only ever show one preview thumbnail, but support exists for up to 3 images on Builtin, Payware, and Download Station content. For more information about asset thumbnails, see the relevant content creation wiki page Thumbnails.