Trainz Plus is a quarterly update provided to active Gold Class members. Each quarter we will be providing new features as well as access to certain upcoming features to gather feedback. Many of these features (or probably most of them) will end up being included in a future version of Trainz.
Trainz Plus Update 1 - Q1, 2019
Our first Trainz Plus update includes:
- a range of new camera options for both Driver and Surveyor
- a new menubar in Surveyor
- a new Session Logging window
We’re also including the following in-development systems:
- Console Controller support (Windows only)
- Trainz Package uploader (for Content Creator in-game submissions)
Trainz Plus - Update 1 Details
We’ve redesigned the Trainz Camera System to unify the controls (and code) between Driver and Surveyor, and also expanded the functionality with several new camera modes.
The Camera Menu from Driver has been expanded and is now also available in Surveyor, providing similar functionality in both modules. The options are:
Camera swaps include a new “smoothed transition” where possible, avoiding sudden snaps from location to location. This includes a new new zoom option when focused on your loco. You can now smoothly zoom in from Chase mode to Cab mode and vice versa. You need to apply sufficient mousewheel “pressure” to move through the walls. i.e . scrolling slowly will not change your view, while scrolling faster will do so.
We’re also working on pre-loading of objects when the camera changes to make those transitions less jarring (not yet complete).
For help using each of the camera modes, see Help: Driver Menu Camera
For details visit Help:Surveyor_Main_Menu
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuEdit
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuTools
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuDisplay
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuCamera
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuSocial
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuWindow
For details visit Help:Surveyor_MenuHelp Help for each of the new menu options is provided using the ingame '?' help tool.
Other Tweaks, Tips & Changes
Surveyor Menu changes mean the items have moved around into more logical groupings:
- Quickdrive icon has moved one to the right under "Tools Menu"
- Edit Sessions icon moved one left under "Edit Menu"
- Edit Route, Environment and Effect Layers all appear under "Edit Menu"
- Filter icon (Search, Picklists and bookmarks) now found under Display Menu > Show Search Filter
- Toggle Wireframe now under "Display Menu"
- Undo/Redo are found under Edit Menu
- A range of tools have moved from Main Menu to "Tools Menu"
Other tweaks include:
- Mouseover Help Tooltips moved from driving controls to info labels
- Console Controller Support (Trainz Settings > Enable Game Controller Support)
- TCCP Uploader (First part of updates to assist content creators in automating the processing of DLC items)
Go back to: TRS19 Help Page