This is a legacy material, and should only be used where compatibility with older versions of Trainz is required.
Diffuse texture mapped material
Max Settings in detail
- Ambient - Ambient color R,G,B
- Diffuse - Diffuse color R,G,B
- Specular - Specular color R,G,B
- Opacity - Level of transparency, 0 = transparent, 100 = opaque.
- Glossiness - Should be set to 32 to match game.
- Diffuse map - RGB = diffuse color, A = opacity
- Opacity map - Legacy support for Diffuse texture Alpha channel
Material Types - Material types supported by Trainz.
Max Exporters - 3D Studio Max exporters.
Exporting with 3D Studio Max - Material setup and exporting with 3DS Max.
.texture.txt Files - What goes into a .texture.txt file
Blender Material Settings
- Diffuse - Color Picker and Intensity Slider combined set the diffuse color in Trainz
- - default: settings for Diffuse are used for ambient color in Trainz
- - alternative: use Blenders global ambient settings (panel World) as ambient color in Trainz by unchecking the Exporter option box "Export Diffuse as Ambient"
- Specular - Color Picker and Intensity Slider combined set the specular color in Trainz
- Hardness - defines the sharpness of specular highlights in Trainz; higher values give sharper highlights
- - default: the Emit Slider and the Diffuse Color Picker combined are used as emit color in Trainz
- - alternative: the Emit Slider and the Mirror Color Picker combined are used as emit color in Trainz by checking the Exporter option box "Export Mirror as Emit"
- Transparency - the Alpha Slider set the level of transparency in Trainz; lesser values give more transparency
Blender DiffuseTexture Settings
- Influence Diffuse Color - if checked the textures RGB data are used as diffuse color source, the slider let you control the amount of influence
- Influence Diffuse Alpha - if checked the textures A layer is used as transparency source, the slider let you control the amount of influence